Friday, April 11, 2008

Bush to speak at Greensburg High School graduation

May 4 will mark the one-year anniversary of destructive F5 tornado that destroyed most of Greensburg, Kansas.

I visited Greensburg ten weeks after that tornado hit, and the rebuilding process was well underway.

The town of Greensburg, particularly its high school seniors, are in for a treat on May 4. President Bush will give the commencement address. If early May seems early for a graduation to you, well, you're right. The graduation was to take place a week early, but the one-year anniversary, all things considered, makes more sense.

But that means the seniors will have to attend classes one week after they graduate.

Related posts:

My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part one
My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part two
My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part three
My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part four
My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part five
My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part six

Other related posts:

My Kansas Kronikles, a 39 post series
Eight Wonders of Kansas announced

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

How cool to get the President as your high school commencement speaker. I think that's worth that extra week after the ceremony.