Friday, January 25, 2008

Rezko pictured with the Clintons

But Rezko has a lot of tentacles... is something I wrote just two days ago.

And assuming this photograph is genuine, that just shows how far his tentacles once reached.

Hillary Clinton got quite a shock this morning from Matt Lauer on NBC's Today Show a few minutes ago, when she was confronted with the above photograph of Tony Rezko right next to the then-first couple.

Transcript via The Raw Story:

Lauer: That was Monday night, senator. I know you don't have video, you can't see what i'm about to put up on the screen right now. But i'm going to put up a picture right now that we've received. This is a picture of you and your husband, Bill Clinton, posing with that same man, Tony Rezko. It's undated, I'm going to ro-tel you right now. We know it's him. We don't know when it was taken. We think it was during your husband's presidency. I'm curious, do you know anything about the picture? do you know when it was taken? do you remember meeting this man?

HRC: No, I don't. You know, I probably have taken hundreds of thousands of pictures. But of course, Matt, you didn't show what preceded what I said, which was a direct attack, one of several that was leveled against me by Senator Obama.

Lauer: I understand. It was a counter punch, I understand that.

HRC: It was a counter punch. I try not to attack first, but I have to defend myself and I do have to counter punch. No, I don't know the man. I wouldn't know him if he walked in the door. I don't have a 17-year relationship with him. But I think with a we ought to be looking at is how we go forward talking about the issues. I do think, however, that this is a campaign, it's a contest. It's something that is very important to each of us running, to our supporters, to those who believe in us. And I took a lot of incoming fire for many, many months and I was happy to absorb it because obviously I felt that that was part of my responsibility.

Senator Clinton is right, there could've been hundreds of photographs take the same day that the Rezko picture was snapped. And Fox & Friends is reporting that there is no evidence that Rezko donated money to the either Clinton.

On the other hand, however, Rezko has donated money to George W. Bush's campaign.

It could be worse. Shortly after the arrest of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, a photograph of Gacy with future first lady Rosalyn Carter surfaced.

It'll be interesting to see if the Rezko-Clintons photo effects Hillary's attacks on Obama regarding the indicted Democratic political insider.

Technorati tags:

No comments: