Wednesday, August 29, 2007

"Not Gay" Senator Craig trots wife out for press conference


I'm not surprised Sen Larry Craig (R-ID) didn't take my advice by going away quietly, but yesterday, he did the predictable thing, and held a press conference with his wife, and told the world from Boise, "Let me be clear: I am not gay and never have been gay."

Since he was obviously determined fight, if he asked me what to say, I would've advised him to state, "Let me be straight..."

And yesterday, the Idaho Statesman came up with another possible bathroom sexual incident, in 2004 in Washington. Here's what the man, whom the paper described as someone with "close ties to Republican officials," said.

Upon walking into Union Station one day, I made eye contact with a well-dressed older gentleman whom I recognized as Sen. Craig. We, after having made eye contact for 30 seconds or so, we began walking towards one of the restrooms in Union Station.

I followed him in there. We went to the urinals, where we both unzipped ...

The rest isn't safe for work.

More from the Statesman:

I’ve always been interested in politics and probably if you showed me pictures of the hundred senators I could probably name 75 or 80 of them. And that would be true over the last probably 20 years. So, I don’t think it’s unusual that I did recognize him. There’s no doubt in my mind that that’s who it was.

Craig: Quit now.

Rumors of Craig's homosexuality have followed him since the 1980s.

Technorati tags:

No comments: