Monday, August 20, 2007

My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part five

This is my penultimate Greensburg post. Here are some more photographs from my trip there last month, once again focusing on the rebuilding of the town--and the town's spirit.

Neatly propped up against the rubble from a demolished home are The Three Wise Men. Like the World's Largest Hand-Dug Well sign, my guess is that someone found the sign amongst debris, and put the sign where in place a prominence.

Flowers cheer people up, which is why someone planted and maintains the ones pictured here. The petunias on the left mark all that's left, except for the basement, of a house. Once again in the background is Greensburg's sentinel, the grain elevator that survived the May 4 tornado.

Earlier Greensburg posts:

My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part one

My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part two

My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part three

My Kansas Kronikles: Greensburg, the fall and rise, part four

Technorati tags:

No comments: