Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bush signs bill banning protests at military funerals

I heard about this story on the O'Reilly Factor--guest hosted by John Kasich--that President Bush signed legislation into law a bill that effectively bans the type of funeral protests used by Fred Phelps' vile Westboro Baptist Church.

The deluded Phelps and his followers have somehow convinced themselves that God is punishing America for it's acceptance of gays.

One of the co-sponsors of the bill is someone I'm usually pretty rough on: Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL).

I blogged about Westboro and Phelps a lot last year, but as state after state--including my own, enacted similar legislation, I viewed that battle as maybe not won, but close to it, hence my drop-off in posts on Phelps. Additionally, the mainstream media began to blow the whistle on their "church." But again, bloggers beat them to it.

Technorati tags:

No comments: