Tuesday, January 03, 2006

More on DePaul's "Empire Strikes Out" series: Forced indoctrination

Read more on the next post about DePaul Universities' "Confronting Empire" series. Also, Dr. Steven Plaut has written a magnum opus on the Chicago college, DePaul U Confronts Amerikan "Empire," which I excerpted in that post, but Plaut's article is so good, it deserves a link here too.

Today was the first day of class of the winter quarter at DePaul. An anonymous tipster sent me this e-mail this afternoon.

My class, Global Connections (which I had my first day in today) is requiring us to visit two of these events. Some highlights include a roundtable on "Just and Unjust Wars"; viewing and discussion of the film Winter Soldier; discussion on Venezuela and Globalization (is this even possible?); and a discussion on "Gitmo: The Legality of Detainment."

For a different view of "Winter Soldier," this site, put together by Free Republic, is worth visiting.

Technorati tags:

No comments: