Friday, January 20, 2006

Indiana serial killer dies after suicide attempt--UPDATED

David Maust of Hammond, IN, accused of killing three teenage boys in 2003, hanged himself yesterday morning in his Crown Point jail cell. He died earlier today, the Chicago Tribune reports.

Maust was court-martialed by the Army in 1974 for killing a thirteen year-old boy.

In 1981, Maust murdered a 15 year-old boy. For this second killing, Maust served just 17 years in prison.

When David Maust was arrested for the Hammond triple murders, there was understandable outrage: Why was he a free man?

UPDATE 10:05AM: Northwest Indiana's Post-Tribune just posted the text of Maust's suicide note.

Techorat tags:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,this is alora.I am new to this forum. I don't know much about this forum. My friends told me about this then I saw it. I think your site is providing information about Intervention on Cocaine Addict. I think this site is to be acknowledged to the younger and all the people. I fully recommended this site to all the people.
==============================
alora
indiana drug rehab