Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Chicago Tribune blogs still open for comments

Much has been discussed about the Washington Post closing down the comments option on their blogs.

One time zone to the right of the Post, the Chicago Tribune has a number of worthy blogs that still allow (with policing) comments.

The Swamp is the Trib's Washington Bureau's blog. The Tribune's Internet critic, Steve Johnson, just started his blog, Hypertext. I added a comment yesterday to this post that politely disagreed with Steve's view on the viability of citizen-journalism.

Eric Zorn's blog is the best of the bunch at the Tribune. Although I'm biased since I've been a contributor to his blog a couple of times.

UPDATE 11:45 AM: Pat from Brainster in the comments informs me that only a couple of WashPo blogs have had to shut down the comments option. Silly me, I saw the astrology blog didn't have a comments section, but now I realize that blog probably never allowed them.

Technorati tags:

No comments: