Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Back in town, more blogging to follow

Hello, got back into town very late late night. The best I could, I've been keeping an eye on DePaul and the Klocek case. San Diego is great family destination (Sea World, the Zoo, Wild Animal Park and more).

Had two epic runs during the trip. (Yes, I really do run marathons). The first from Silver Strand Beach State Park in Imperial Beach, CA south to the Tia Juana Estuary--about a mile north of the international border. That's as far as I dared to go, as there were four helicopters at all times in the air, and a white border patrol pickup truck was racing my way when I turned around. (The estuary, most of which traverses thru Mexico is polluted--another good reason NOT to run further south, as I would've had to have waded though three feet deep filthy water to go further south.)

I ran a total of 12 miles that day.

The second run was two days ago, a 10 miler on the Pacific Crest Trail--a path that begins (0r ends) at the Mexican border and finishes at the Canadian border. I encounter just two people on that run, a Swiss couple who has just started their hike along the entire trail, a 2,600 mile jouney; they expect to finish their quest in 5 or 6 months. Awesome.

Look for more stuff on the Klocek case soon.

No comments: