Sunday, March 27, 2005

DePaul staffer speaks out for Klocek follow up

After his fall semester suspension, Professor Klocek was offered a course in the spring, not the winter suspension, my tipster pointed out to me. The school I attended worked on semesters, so the quarterly system throws me off.

Also, I've been asked to focus on this excerpt from DePaul student Selma Nasser's letter to the DePaulia.

"Klocek is responsible for the education of our community. How can we be certain of his conduct within the classroom when he publicly disrespects DePaul students? An educator who betrays his responsibility and violates the student-professor code of ethics has no place at any respectable academic institution, let alone a teaching institution that prides itself on the noble mission of Saint Vincent dePaul. If a professor needs to have discriminatory views, the DePaul community should be protected from them. "

It seems to me that the administration of DePaul caved in, to "protect" its students from views a few people view as "discriminatory."

PC thought run wild.

No comments: