Sunday, September 02, 2012

Ten point buck in Morton Grove

It was a great day for photography as I ran today in the Morton Grove forest preserves. A half mile north of where I discovered a buckeye butterfly, I was greeted by this shy ten point buck--ten points as in the ends of its antlers.

Yes, it's a white tailed deer, but it sure is elk-like.

Amazing. And this magnificent animal was just a few miles north of Chicago's city limits.

Related posts:

(Photo) Common buckeye butterfly

Fawn nursing in Morton Grove

My running partner this afternoon: A buck

Morton Grove buck

Technorati tags:

Hunter Dan - Creative HD002 Figure 10-Point Whitetail Buck (Google Affiliate Ad)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On Aug. 27, 2014 I saw a ten point buck at the north end of Chicago. In the forest preserve along the North Branch.