Thursday, November 10, 2011

South Platte River sunset

Blogging from Denver, Colorado.

I am here for BlogCon11 and I spend a good part of the day sightseeing in Denver, a town which I've only driven through prior to today.

I ran down to Confluence Park, where Denver City was founded in 1858, when the western Great Plains was still part of Kansas Territory. Later it was shortene to Denver. The park is named for the confluence of the South Platte River and Cherry Creek. I took this photograph about 500 yards west of the meeting of the waterways on the Platte--not too far from the Pepsi Center. The curvy part on the far-left is the front range of the Rocky Mountains.

Work day tomorrow.

Related entries:

Flatlanders battle the Rocky Mountains and a car gets altitude sickness

Buffalo Bill's gravesite

Technorati tags:


No comments: