Sunday, October 09, 2011

Video: OccupyChicago protester not looking for job, he "likes being in the moment"

Covering the Bank of America Chicago Marathon brought me to the city's Loop this morning. The race sponsor has an architecturally-impressive branch on the corner of LaSalle and Jackson--which is on the route of the 26.2 mile event.

In front of that building--and right across the street from the Chicago branch of the Federal Reserve Bank, an OccupyChicago protest has been going on for a couple of weeks or so. It's the local version of the OccupyWallStreet group. There were two dozen people participating this morning. To be fair, street closures and bus reroutings may have dampened today's turnout, but when I returned four hours later, only 40 leftists were there.

While wearing my foolproof liberal disguise, I infiltrated the scrum, and I asked a young man why he was there.

"Less than less than one percent of people of the world own ninety percent of stuff," he replied in fractured English.

When he tells me he's unemployed, I ask him if he's looking for a job. "No," he answers.

Why not?

"I just like being in the moment."

Dude...how are you ever going to get your own "stuff?"



Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The *MORON* is stong in that one..

Tom said...

That guy was just spewing non-sensical talking points like a mindless parrot. "One percent of American's own 99 percent of stuff?" What?