Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunday #OccupyChicago pictures

While I was in downtown Chicago on Sunday to cover the Chicago Marathon, I dropped by the OccupyChicago protest in front of the stately Bank of America Building--coincidentally, the bank is the sponsor of the race.

On Monday afternoon, OccupyChicago held a march--which included Chicago public school teachers. "My students are under-educated" a West Side high school teacher told the Chicago Tribune. Hey, school vouchers might fix that. The Trib said several thousand protesters joined OccupyChicago for its Columbus Day march.

But on Sunday morning, there were just 25 agitators on the corner of LaSalle and Jackson. Traffic hassles caused by the marathon may have hurt turnout, but early in the afternoon, only 40 OccupyChicago protesters were on duty. Eight million people live in the Chicago metropolitan area.


Fox News will lie about this? Well, let's take a look at the next photograph.


I interviewed the man in this picture, Paul, who essentially told me he was a paid volunteer for OccupyChicago. A couple of commenters on my YouTube page have accused me of staging the interview away from the protest site. I explained to them that writing a script and finding an actor is too much work for me--it's much easier to simply interview someone. Because of the loud drumming in the background, Paul suggested that we move to an adjacent bus shelter so the sound quality would be better. But look at the picture, doesn't the sign in the back say "Bank of America Building?"


That mask is a symbol of the hacker group, Anonymous. If another Scream or Scary Movie film goes into production, perhaps this guy will be the star. Yes, he is wearing a Che shirt. That is so yesterday.


This woman, who is not pro-Obama, has a full agenda, as you can see. When I asked her why there should be a five-year moratorium on foreclosures, she replied, "People need time to get back on their feet." Well, then maybe I should stop paying my mortgage and live for free for half a decade. She also wants to nationalize the Federal Reserve Bank. Hmm...am I missing something?


Uh, no...you are not the 99 percent.


There weren't very many joiners on a perfect-weather Sunday in Chicago.

Related posts:

Video: OccupyChicago protester is a paid volunteer

Video: OccupyChicago protester not looking for job, he "likes being in the moment"

Technorati tags:

No comments: