Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Marathon Pundit on CBS 2 Chicago

Yes, it was great to see myself on television last night, especially a major network owned and operated station, CBS 2 Chicago.

The reporter, Jay Levine, and his staff were great.

There is no video online yet, but here's a written version of the report:

Because that's the perception out there when it comes to Chicago and McCormick Place. Marathon Pundit John Ruberry, who has been blogging about trade shows being driven from Chicago, found it when he was courting exhibitors.

"People don't like to be viewed as walking ATMs," Ruberry said.

Well, I wasn't on very long, but I was on. And the Marathon Pundit homepage graced the airwaves.

Levine's story was about union price gouging at McCormick Place, Chicago's convention center, and how it drives trade shows to other cities.

Related post:

Union extortionists may drive another trade show from Chicago

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

the wolf said...

I have firsthand experience with unions at trade shows in Chicago. Years ago I worked trade shows for my former company and the things you had to let them do were ridiculous. We'd have very simple booths to set up but weren't allowed to do anything on our own and, instead, had to pay hourly rates for union workers to do simple five-minute tasks. I'm surprised that any industry wants to do business here.