Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Backyard Conservative's encounter with Ayers--and his claim he wrote "Dreams," catches fire

The Bill Ayers-says-I-wrote-Obama's-book is gaining more traction. Lucianne.com linked to Dennis Byrne's Chicago Now blog, a Chicago Tribune site.

As I posted last night, my friend Anne Leary of Backyard Conservative ran into the erstwhile Weather Underground bomber at Reagan International Airport. And he told leary that he is the author of President Obama's coming of age memoir, Dreams from my Father.

Author and radio host Jack Cashill noticed similarities between the writing style in "Dreams" and Ayers' work last fall.

But the story reignited last month, with the publication of Christopher Anderson's Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage, According to Anderson, Michelle Obama suggested that the then little-known Barack approach Ayers for assistance in writing the book. And last week, while a guest on Cashill's show, the author said two people witnessed the future 44th president handing notes and tapes over to Ayers during the time Obama was said to have been writing the book.

I have a good memory, and I remember then-Sen. Obama saying this to the Chicago Tribune:

I would feel very uncomfortable putting my name to something that was written by somebody else or co-written or dictated. If my name is on it, it belongs to me.

Someone is lying. And it's certainly not Anne Leary.

Related posts:

Backyard Conservative bumps into Bill Ayers at airport; he talks about "Dreams"

Did Bill Ayers ghostwrite Obama's "Dreams from my Father?"

California Man

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Shakes The Clown said...

Barack claims he owns it, but I think he is full of shit.

I like your memory.