Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Did Bill Ayers ghostwrite Obama's "Dreams from my Father?"

Last fall, radio talk show host and author Jack Cashill theorized that unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers was the ghostwriter for Barack Obama's "finding myself" memoir, Dreams from my Father.

But with the publication of Christopher Anderson's Barack and Michelle: Portrait of an American Marriage, speculation that Bomber wrote "Dreams" has been reignited.

As for "Barack and Michelle," Anderson writes in the book that Obama, confronted with writers's block, approached Ayers at Michelle's suggestion to help him with his book.

The American Thinker has been on top of this story.

Ed Laksy writes this morning in the Thinker that Anderson told Cashill on his radio show that two sources told him that Obama delivered tapes and notes to Ayers during the time Obama was supposed to have been writing "Dreams."

When confronted about his relationship with Ayers during a debate with Hillary Clinton, Obama dismissed him as "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," essentially claming he barely knew him.

Also writing for The American Thinker, Thomas Lifson has more to say on this developing story.

In a 2005 interview, Obama had this to say about his writings:

I would feel very uncomfortable putting my name to something that was written by somebody else or co-written or dictated. If my name is on it, it belongs to me.

Technorati tags:

No comments: