Thursday, October 16, 2008

Milt Rosenberg show follow-up

As you know, last night I appeared on Milt Rosenberg's Extension 720 WGN 2 show--broadcast on the internet.

What was it like?

WGN-AM's studios are in Tribune Tower, a Gothic landmark that is one of Chicago's most famous buildings.

After watching the John McCain-Barack Obama debate there, Rosenberg, his producer, and my liberal counterpart Dan Johnson-Weinberger walked to what I'm calling the first floor "window studio," right on Michigan Avenue.

The third commentator in the studio was author and former Chicago Tribune political reporter Richard Ciccone.

They're all great guys, and although I don't know Ciccone's political affiliation, it seemed to me that Ciccone agreed with me more than he did with Johnson-Weinberger.

Rosenberg is a great host--and I'm not just talking about what he says on the air. He made all of us feel comfortable.

I hope they'll have me back. I know, let's get past this election--but the 2010 elections in Illinois will be a wild affair. Governor Rod Blagojevich is under federal investigation--my guess is that he won't run for reelection. Or he'll be preoccupied with "legal matters." Now that convicted political fixer Tony Rezko is talking to federal prosecutors, who else will be caught in US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald's net?

There is an enormous amount of anger--among Republicans, Democrats, and independents--Whigs too--over the manner Cook County Board President Todd Stroger has run the second's second-most populous county. His "corruption tax," which put Chicago's sales tax rate at 10.25 percent, draws a reaction every time someone shops in Cook County.

Look for a resurgent Illinois Republican Party to make some gains in the home state of the first Republican president.

There is one other election to watch that year: The US Senate seat occupied by Barack Obama.

Will Obama run for reelection in 2010?

These are subjects that I'll be ready to talk about on future shows.

Or any other show...hint...hint!

A podcast of the broadcast should be available soon.

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Levois said...

Two Illinoize bloggers actually meet. :-P

Marathon Pundit said...

One day we'll meet...