Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Chicago hospital carnage: 3 murdered Monday, including Chicago cop

Mercy Hospital has always had a place in my heart. An aunt of mine worked as a nurse there for years. Injured Chicago White Sox players used to be treated at Mercy. And perhaps my favorite story from there was my grandmother who would tell me, repeatedly how she remembered that I visited her at Mercy after her stroke. And  how she watched after I left out of her window as I walked two blocks to my car through a snow covered park.

But yesterday Mercy was a violent place. A psychopath fatally gunned down his former fiancée, emergency room doctor Tamara O'Neal. The gunman also murdered Samuel Jimenez, a Chicago police officer, and a pharmacy technician, Dayna Less.

Please pray for the victims and their loved ones.

No comments: