Thursday, May 31, 2018

Illinois' champion of the expired ERA resigns leadership post after beinig accused of harassment by woman

Lang's Skokie office in 2006
I've always said that my state rep, Lou Lang (D-Skokie), is a scumbag who reminds of someone selling smoke-damaged furniture at the old Maxwell Street Market.

"Hey you over dere...I got some real bargains here. Follow me, you can barely smell da smoke."

Well, apparently a woman who says Lang harassed her for years agrees that he's a cad.

From the Chicago Sun-Times.
An activist who has worked in Springfield is accusing State Rep. Lou Lang, D-Skokie, of repeatedly harassing, intimidating and humiliating her over the years.

The allegations from Maryann Loncar came at a news conference Thursday, the day after Lang helped pass the [my note--expired] Equal Rights Amendment in the Illinois House.

At the news conference, Loncar stood beside Denise Rotheimer, a victim rights advocate whose accusations helped unseat a veteran Chicago senator, and State Rep. Jeanne Ives, R-Wheaton.

“I was harassed. I was intimidated. I was humiliated …” Loncar said of Lang, the House deputy majority leader.
Lang resigned all of his legislative leadership posts today, including that of deputy majority leader in the Illinois House. However, his Facebook page of this posting still is titled, House Deputy Majority Leader Lou Lang.

“I can help you bury her if you want," is something Loncar claims he told her husband. She also says that Lang put his hand on the “lower back below underwear” and he said to her, “Does your husband know how lucky he is to have a wife like you?”

Lang remains as the Democratic committeeman of Niles Township.

He also serves on the General Assembly's Legislative Ethics Commission.

My lame-duck state senator, Ira Silverstein (D-Chicago) has also been accused of harassment. He was defeated in the March primary.

I never voted for either of them.

For his part, Lang is accusing Loncar of being angry because she failed to receive a medical marijuana dispensary license.

From my post at Da Tech Guy:

Failed state Illinois creating distraction from pension crisis by trying to ratify the Equal Rights Amendment

No comments: