Thursday, November 12, 2015

Pure Michigan TV ad to feature Detroit

The Great Lakes State's popular--and parodied--Pure Michigan campaign will include a spot on Detroit. Tim Allen, a Michigan native, will narrate.

As regular readers know, I visited Detroit this summer. What Yellowstone is to geysers, the Motor City is to urban ruins. Yes, there is plenty to see in what was once America's fourth-largest city. And there are just enough decent amenities in downtown and Midtown to keep you sane.

Here's the best part: The people in the worst parts of Detroit were--wait for it--quite friendly to me. Oh sure, there were a couple of panhandlers who got angry about my perceived lack of generosity and I did hear gunfire once, but I had a heck of a time and I want to return, perhaps as soon as this winter.

Yes, I'm pleading for a role in the Detroit commercial.

From my post at Da Tech Guy:

I walked its streets--the tragedy of Detroit.

No comments: