Monday, March 11, 2013

(Video) Schakowsky admits that an assault weapons ban is "just the beginning"

My congresscritter, Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), who admitted a few years ago that ObamaCare was a Trojan horse for socialized medicine, told Jason Mattera, that a ban on assault weapons is "just the beginnning."


From Breitbart:
Schakowsky: We’re on a roll now, and I think we've got to take the–you know, we're gonna push as hard as we can and as far as we can.

Mattera: So the assault weapons ban is just the beginning?

Schakowsky: Oh absolutely. I mean, I'm against handguns. We have, in Illinois, the Council Against Handgun… something. Yeah, I'm a member of that. So, absolutely.

Mattera: We'll never get a handgun ban with the Second Amendment as stated.

Schakowsky: I don't know. I don’t know that we can't. And there may be an allowance, once again, for communities–I have communities in my district that prohibited handguns within their borders. The rights of municipalities and states to view that as a sensible way to keep people safe–I don't think it's precluded.
Well hold on. I live in Morton Grove, one of the towns that the Schakowsky alluded to, and we repealed our handgun ban after the US Supreme Court ruled in favor of gun owner's rights in DC vs. Heller in 2008. Of course, the uber-liberal could be taking the long view that if President Obama is able to appoint two or three more SCOTUS judges, the 2nd Amendment could be successfully attacked.

Hat tip to Weasel Zippers.

Technorati tags:

No comments: