|Marathon Pundit at|
the Reagan home in 2011
That library story has gone viral--which is unfortunate. While the University of Chicago, which owns the six-flat at 832 E. 57th Street, filed for a demolition permit for the Reagan home through a surrogate so a parking lot can be built for the U of C Medical Center's New Pavilion, it has nothing to do with the Obama presidential library. Kendall cites "informed sources in Hyde Park."
President Obama has not even selected a city for his presidential library. While the University of Chicago is lobbying to be the site for that facility, Chicago's Bronzeville neighborhood and developers at the former US Steel South Works plant on the Southeast Side have expressed interest in the library as well, as has the University of Hawaii.
Kendall urges interested readers learn more by reading her January 25 Friends of President Reagan's Chicago Home blog post.
- Save the Chicago Reagan apartment from destruction
- More good news on the endangered Chicago Reagan apartment
- Friends of President Reagan's Chicago home incorporates
- (Photos) Endangered Chicago Reagan apartment amid rubble
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Chicago and the likely demolition of the Reagan apartment
- Save the Chicago Reagan Apartment Facebook page launches
- Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail
KNUTE ROCKNE ALL AMERICAN BY REAGAN,RONALD (DVD) (Google Affiliate Ad)