Monday, September 10, 2012

Thousands of Chicago Teachers Union strikers disrupt Loop traffic at rush hour

CTU protesters at rush hour Occupy Chicago march, 11/17/11
I live in suburban Cook County and I work in Lake County. So luckily I was spared a ruined PM rush hour today in downtown Chicago. Members of the Chicago Teachers Union, thousands of them according to multiple media sources, marched in the Loop. So while I was enjoying a pleasant ride home--the radio traffic reports were dominated by the mess downtown.

I've been in the Loop during similar, permit-less of course, Occupy Chicago marches in the early evening. CTU members--you are not going to gain support by ruining commuters' trips home.

What would have happened if an ambulance needed to get through downtown during this protest?

Oh well, it doesn't matter--because the strikers are "for the kids."

Technorati tags:



No comments: