Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My vote in the Illinois Primary was for...Newt Gingrich

Sunrise at Monument Valley, Arizona
I just returned from Thomas Edison School in Morton Grove where I voted in the Illinois Primary. Three of the four remaining Republican candidates for president are outstanding gentlemen who at one time or another was my preference to be my party's nominee.

But it came down to the views of the candidates and the issues they are focusing upon as they campaign. I attended rallies in the last week for Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Mitt Romney, but this afternoon I marked my ballot for Gingrich.

As for the fourth candidate, Ron Paul. even though I like some of his economic ideas, his isolationist foreign policy positions are wreckless.

It's very likely that Mitt Romney will be the GOP nominee. If that ends up being the case, I will be firmly in the corner of the former Massachusetts governor as the Republican Party in Illinois and beyond unites to free us from the disastrous Obama regime and once again, it will be morning in America.

Technorati tags:

No comments: