Sunday, December 11, 2011

Video from Iowa debate: Newt says just like Reagan, "I will tell the truth"

In last night's debate in Des Moines, Iowa, Republican frontrunner invoked the memory of Ronald Reagan, who lived in the Hawkeye State in the 1930s.



"I think sometimes it is helpful to have a president of the United States with the courage to tell the truth," Newt said at Drake University during the debate. "Just as it was Reagan who went around his entire national security apparatus to call the Soviet Union an 'evil empire.' Reagan believed the power of truth restated the world and reframed the world. I'm a Reaganite. I'm proud to be a Reaganite. I will tell the truth, even if it causes some confusion sometimes with the timid."

Related posts:

Report from Tampico, Illinois on Reagan's 100th birthday
Reagan centennial: Tampico's churches
Reagan centennial: Ronald Reagan Park in Tampico, IL
Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail

Technorati tags:

No comments: