Monday, May 23, 2011

T-Paw claws into presidential race; says DC is broken

Pawlenty with Marathon Pundit
One state to the right of me is where former Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty announced his official entry into the 2012 presidential race.

The Republican from of South St. Paul chose Des Moines as his launching pad.

Here is an excerpt from today's speech:

I'm Tim Pawlenty, and I'm running for President of the United States.

We live in the greatest country the world has ever known. But, as we all know, America is in big trouble, and it won't get fixed if we keep going down the same path. If we want a new and better direction, we need a new and better President.

President Obama's policies have failed. But more than that, he won't even tell us the truth about what it's really going to take to get out of the mess we're in.

I could stand here and tell you that we can solve America's debt crisis and fix our economy without making any tough choices.

But we've heard those kinds of empty promises for the last three years, and we know where they've gotten us. Fluffy promises of hope and change don't buy our groceries, make our mortgage payments, put gas in our cars, or pay for our children's clothes.

So, in my campaign, I'm going to take a different approach. I am going to tell you the truth. The truth is, Washington's broken.
Technorati tags:

No comments: