Friday, February 11, 2011

CPAC: Rumsfeld visits the bloggers' lounge

Blogging from Georgetown in Washington DC.

You never know who is going to drop by the CPAC bloggers' lounge. After receiving the CPAC Defender of the Constitution Award--which he shared with our military, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld visited the CPAC bloggers' lounge. I asked Rummy, "What do you have to say to a blogger from Chicago's North Shore?" He replied, "Where do you live." I answered, "Morton Grove." Which led him to say, "You were in my old congressional district, but you weren't around then." Actually I was, but I was living on thirty miles south of there.

I managed to ask him another question. "Do you really stand up while working in your office?" Rumsfeld replied, "I do. I started doing that in 1969." And then he moved on to the punchline. "At my age, I've learned that if you sit down, you can doze off."

Technorati tags:

No comments: