Thursday, February 17, 2011

CPAC 2011 video: Rep. Steve King of Iowa fights ObamaCare

Four days after returning from CPAC, and I'm still catching up. Saturday was the busiest day for VIP visits to the bloggers' lounge. One of those guests was Rep. Steve King (R-IA). So far, King has been stymied in blocking the automatic appropriation of $105.5 billion over the next ten years to implement ObamaCare, which he calls "a malignant tumor."



Fighting ObamaCare is dear to King, who represents a western Iowa district. He told me that he skipped his son's wedding last fall so he could vote against ObamaCare, a decision his family "fully supported."

The video was shot by Tom White of Virginia Right, I asked the questions. Great teamwork at CPAC.

Defunding ObamaCare is part one of the battle, part two is repeal, and King told me, "January 20, 2013, I pray it will be that day."

Prior to our ObamaCare discussion, King and I discussed Freedom Rock, which is in his disctrict. King knew one of the soldiers portrayed on the 2010 edition of the Rock, Glenn McDole, a survivor of the Palawan Massacre.

Related posts:

Freedom Rock and Veterans Day

Marathon Pundit's Iowa I Opener

Technorati tags:

No comments: