Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Morton Grove: Alexi Giannoulias' uncle and a line at the polling place

Here is something new: Since I moved to Morton Grove, Illinois eleven years ago, I never had to wait in line to exercise my franchise at Thomas Edison School. Today was different. I had to cool my conservative jets for 10 minutes before I could get my marker out and vote for every Republican I could find on the ballot.

I asked a judge if my timing was an anomaly--she replied about the queues, "It's been off and on all day."

This can hardly be good news for the Democrats, who have dominated eastern Morton Grove in recent elections. My guess is that new voters--who oppose the Obama agenda--are showing up.

The man on the far left handed me a Democratic flyer. He told me, "I'd like for you to vote for my nephew, Alexi Giannoulias." Sorry uncle, I voted for Mark Kirk. Actually, I'm not sorry.

Technorati tags:

No comments: