Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chicago Marathon 10/10/10

Today is a numerologist's dream day, October 10, 2010--10/10/10. And as you can see in the picture, the Bank of America Chicago Marathon will take place today. For the first time since I began running 26.2 mile races, I will be walking up to the starting line with some trepidation--I've had a sore calf for three months.

I'll know in a few hours if my decision to run today was a wise one.

Sharp-eyed Chicagoans, particularly South Siders, will recognize the man to the right of me--James "Skinny" Sheahan, who recently retired as the boss of McCormick Place, where the race expo was held.

Technorati tags:

Nike Lunaracer+ Men's Running Shoes - Pro Platinum, 11.5

1 comment:

Paul Mitchell said...

Good luck to you. I'm guessing this comment will stay in moderation for a while.