Thursday, May 20, 2010

Video: Dem Nat'l Committee member calls Blumenthal's Vietnam lies "'unconscionable"

Presumptive Connecticut Democratic US Senate nominee repeatedly insulted every man and woman who have defended our great nation by lying about serving in Vietnam.

Robert Zimmerman, a member of the Democratic National Committee appeared on Rick Sanchez's CNN program Rick's List, he called Blumenthal's claim "unconscionable."



RICK SANCHEZ: What do you do with a guy like this? Because it's kind of looking embarrassing.

ROBERT ZIMMERMAN: Well, it's more than embarrassing – it's unconscionable for the Attorney General of Connecticut not to have set the record straight with all the misstatements about his military service in the past. It's unconscionable for him to repeat those statements – false statements about his military service, and I think very frankly the Democrats of Connecticut have got to make it clear to him that he has to apologize, and I'm not following – by the way, I'm differentiating myself from many of the Democratic pundits who are following the party talking points. He did not vindicate himself at that press conference.

SANCHEZ: Right.

ZIMMERMAN: Quite to the contrary, I think he made it worse by saying I made a mistake and I apologize for what I did.

SANCHEZ: Interesting point. Ten seconds left to you, Ron, finish us out on that one, if you would.

RON CHRISTIE: Well, those weren't misstatements. He lied, he lied repeatedly. I think it was honorable he was a Marine Reservist. He lied. He tried to embellish his record. It denigrates the service record to the 58,000 service men and women who lost their lives. I think he needs to go. I think he needs to go. He lied, period.
Ron Christie is a reporter for The Hill.

Technorati tags:

No comments: