Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A little more on the House GOP's newest member

I'm going to do something I generally avoid--quote from my own blog.

While I was vacationing in California, I participated in one of Rep Kevin McCarthy's GOP Whip Team blogger calls. During the question and answer session, I asked about the feelings of the Democratic doctors among the membership of the House of Representatives.

Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Georgia), an OB-GYN, handled the reply:

During the question and answer session, I asked the congressmen about the Democratic doctors in the House, and where they stand on their party's proposal for government run-health care. Gingrey said there are five of them, and that we shouldn't hold out much hope that they will bolt and speak out against it. Although Gingrey did say one of the quintet is pretty conservative.

Could that have been Rep. Parker Griffith of Alabama, who will quit the Dems and join the Republican Party?

My guess is "yes."

Related post:

Another GOP Whip Team conference call on health care

Technorati tags:

No comments: