Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Chicago flu?

Can someone tell me what I'm suffering from? Monday I had a 101 degree fever, which has since gone away. What I still have is chest congestion of the most foul kind, "gastrointestinal issues," no appetite, a painful cough, and a general feeling of listlessness.

I know a dozen people suffering from the same affliction. One ended up in the emergency room (they released him), the other two called off the entire week of work on Monday.

Name of this bug? Ideas on what to do?

Technorati tags:

3 comments:

CNB said...

Feel better John!

Omnibabe said...

I have it, too. I think it's just a particularly persistent chest cold. Second time I've had it this winter. Yuck.

Have you tried a steam tent with a dab of Vicks Vapo-rub in the water? It won't cure you, but it eases the symptoms for a bit!

Genevieve Netz said...

Gosh, John. I hope you're doing better now. Take care of yourself.

An elderly reader of my blog sent me an old-time cure for nighttime coughing: Apply Vicks to your feet at bedtime and put on a pair of cotton socks.

Maybe the healing Vicks vapors accumulate under the blankets and gently waft through the air every time you twitch in your sleep? I dunno. A few months ago, my husband was so tired of coughing at night that he tried Vicks on his feet, and he thought it helped.