Monday, November 12, 2007

Unhappy Veterans Day in Illinois part two

Anne Brophy is a former McHenry County, Illinois assistant state's attorney who served last year on a humanitarian mission in her role as an Army captain in the reserves.

But when she got back from that mission, she discovered that she had been demoted from that position.

From the Daily Herald:

But her status took a significant hit, going from a high-ranking felony prosecutor's post when she left in July 2006 to that of a "backup" prosecutor in the office's juvenile division when she returned.

"It's an entry-level job," said Brophy, now practicing with a private firm in Crystal Lake.

"I was not offered my position back," she said. "I believe that because of my time in the military, I was put in a position where I had to leave the office."

The McHenry County state's attorney's office disputes those claims, saying Brophy's job assignment had nothing to do with her military commitment


Technorati tags:

No comments: