Thursday, January 18, 2007

Ditka will cheer for Bears on Sunday


I have a follow up story on former Chicago Bears (and New Orleans Saints) coach Mike Ditka.

Last night I posted that "Da Coach" would not be cheering for the Chicago Bears, whom he played for and coached for 11 years, or the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. The two teams meet in the NFC championship game in Chicago.

Ditka is still bitter over his firing by Bears owner Mike McCaskey in 1992, and still has hard feelings regarding his dismassal from the Saints.

It turns out that Ditka will be supporting the Monsters of the Midway in their biggest game since 1988--Ditka was the Bears coach then.

From the Chicago "free registration required" Tribune:

"I'm picking and rooting for the Bears, as I have for every game this year," Ditka said. "I thought I'd make that announcement on my show."

Later he said: "I want the Bears to win. I've been a Bears fan since 1961 (his rookie season). I've always been a Bears fan."

Technorati tags:

No comments: