Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mammoth Cave National Park's Green River


Well, take me back down where cool water flows, yeah.
Let me remember the things I don't know,
Stopping at the log where catfish bite,
Walking along the river road at night,
Barefoot girls dancing in the moonlight.
I can hear the bullfrog calling me.
Wonder if my rope's still hanging to the tree.
Love to kick my feet 'way down the shallow water.
Shoefly, dragonfly, get back t'your mother.
Pick up a flat rock, skip it across Green River.
Welllllll!

Creedence Clearwater Revival, 1969.

On our recent trip south, the Marathon Pundit family also visited Kentucky's Mammoth Cave National Park.

The cave pictures are coming.

Besides the cave, there are many miles of hiking trails, and while we were walking on the River Styx Trail, I took this photo of the Green River which meanders throughout Mammoth Cave National Park.

I have no idea if this is the Green River Creedence Clearwater Revival was singing about back in 1969. But it appears like it could be.

Technorati tags:

No comments: