Friday, March 28, 2014

Let there be light: I won't be participating in Earth Hour

Douglas Park, Chicago, Winter '14
Saturday night between 8:30pm and 9:30pm, chicken-little global warming believers will ask that we turn out off lights in a message to combat global warming. "Climate change is the biggest environmental threat facing our planet – it's real, it's happening right now, and we need to act fast, a British World Wildlife Fund spokesman told the liberal UK paper The Guardian.

I will not be participating in Earth Hour. My lights will be on Saturday night. And perhaps I will run the dishwasher and do some laundry, and reminisce about the coldest Chicago area winter in over thirty years.

And I will be thinking about Crimea--and the best way to confront Vladimir Putin, and that is by expanding domestic drilling of oil and building the Keystone XL pipeline. Cheap oil will destroy Russia's economy and strengthen America.

Technorati tags:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guarantee you that Hooters and Buffalo Wild Wings won't be participating. Hahahaha!!