"We are in a moment when the wealth disparity in this country is very reminiscent of the robber baron ages," Lewis blared. "The labor leaders of that time, though, were ready to kill. They were, they were just ready, it was like 'off with their heads!' They were seriously talking about that."
"I don't think we're at that point," she continued, "And that's scary to most people. But the key is they think nothing of killing us. They think nothing of putting our people in harm's way. They think nothing of lethal working conditions."
Over three-quarters of the 8th graders at Chicago's unionized schools are unable to read at grade level--and they aren't proficient at math at grade level either. The graduation rate at unionized high schools in the city is a paltry 60 percent.
The CTU seems more interested in radicalism than education.
There are no standardized tests on hackneyed left-wing dogma.
- Class warfare: Chicago Teachers Union bedtime story video warns of "fat cats" and "the Rahminator"
- Chicago Teachers Union organizing indoctrination summit
- Shame: Chicago Teachers Union accuses CPS of "educational apartheid"
- Chicago Teachers Union a co-sponsor of the Teaching for Social Justice Curriculum Fair
- Video: Chicago Teachers Union organizer welcomes Occupy Chicago to new home
- New film by Juan Williams rips Chicago Teachers Union