I snapped this photograph while on the South Side last summer while working on my Ronald Reagan Trail series. Although the Reagan apartment--which is in Hyde Park--isn't on the Trail, I felt compelled to add it to my series because of the possibility the building may be torn down by its owner--the University of Chicago.
Below you will find some other presidential posts worthy of a look on this day.
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Chicago and the likely demolition of the Reagan apartment
- Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail
- Report from Tampico, Illinois on Reagan's 100th birthday
- Midwestern Presidential Pathway: Where Grant worked as a clerk
- Midwestern Presidential Pathway: Mrs. Butterworth
- Midwestern Presidential Pathway: Ulysses S. Grant Home
- Reagan centennial: Tampico's churches
- Reagan centennial: Ronald Reagan Park in Tampico, IL
- Thirty hours in Lincoln's Springfield, Illinois
- Abraham Lincoln birthplace site
- Abraham Lincoln birthplace site's log cabin
- "My earliest recollection is of the Knob Creek place"