Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Liberal congresswoman Schakowsky to host Twitter town hall Thursday

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), arguably the most liberal member of the House of Representatives, will hold a Twitter town hall on Thursday.

From a Schakowsky press release:

I want to let you know that I will be hosting my first-ever Twitter town hall from my Twitter account @janschakowsky on Thursday, October 13, 2011.

You are invited to submit questions, ideas, and comments via Twitter tomorrow from 9:00 am CST to 12:00 pm CST. I will personally respond to as many questions as possible from 6:00pm-7:00pm CST.

I am always looking to use new ways to stay engaged with constituents while I represent the Illinois 9th congressional district in Washington. I believe it is important to use any tool available to not only listen to your concerns but to also let you know what I’m doing as a member of Congress.

I encourage you to use this forum to ask me questions directly and I look forward to an informative discussion.

To participate, you can submit a question by including #AskJan within a tweet. I encourage you to identify your town in your tweets, ie. Park Ridge, Skokie, etc.

If you are unable to get a question answered or have a follow-up question, please contact the office at http://schakowsky.house.gov or visit http://facebook.com/janschakowsky.
Here are some of my questions for Schakowsky:
Where are the jobs?

The first stimulus failed? Why do you back a second one?

Do you support The House Oversight Committee's investigation of the failed Operation Fast and Furious?

Do you support The House Oversight Committee's investigation of the Solyndra scandal?

Why do you oppose the pending free trade agreement with Colombia--which President Obama supports?

In a Tweet you wrote, "The NAFTA-style trade model has proven to be destructive to the U.S. economy." How?

Twenty one people were arrested at the OccupyChicago rally you marched in on Monday--do you denounce them?

Arrests at Tea Party events are rare, if not unheard of--yet you called the movement "despicable" in 2009. Do you still believe that?

In 2009 you said this: "And next to me was a guy from the insurance company who has then argued against the public health insurance option, saying it wouldn't let the private insurance compete. (APPLAUSE) My single-payer friends, he was right!"

Do you view ObamaCare as a way to eliminate private health insurance companies?

And one more:

Where are the jobs?
Related posts:

Leftist congresscritter calls Tea Parties "shameful" and "despicable"
Jan Schakowsky, ACORN, and no phone call
Kinzinger denounces Schakowsky's "You don't deserve to keep all of your money" comment

Technorati tags:

No comments: