Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mississippi River flooding heads south: My 2008 Vicksburg posts

Mississippi River near Vicksburg, May, 2008
Residents and businesses are beginning to flee Vicksburg, Mississippi as the floodwaters of the great river head south.

On the same blog-o-vacation that brought me to Cairo, Illinois, My Mississippi Manifest Destiny, I also traveled to historic Vicksburg. If you know your Civil War history, most of Vicksburg is on a bluff, but some of the town reaches the water's edge.

Below you will find my 2008 Vicksburg entries:

Vicksburg Battlefield, Part One
Vicksburg Battlefield, Part Two, State Memorials
Vicksburg Battlefield, Part Three, Illinois Memorial
Vicksburg Battlefield, Part Four, The USS Cairo
Vicksburg Battlefield Part Five
Memorial Day--a time to remember
Mississippi River at Vicksburg
My Mississippi Manifest Destiny: Coca-Cola museums

Related post:

Midwest flooding: My 2008 Cairo, Illinois posts

Technorati tags:

No comments: