Friday, November 19, 2010

Junk watch at the airport

See it. For the same reason no-one ever
Pointed a telescope at the sun.

The Clash, "Red Angel Dragnet," 1982.

Some things are just so obvious...

After a week of the new TSA "Don't touch my junk" and naked pics style of airport searches, it's safe to say that the new approach is a disaster.

As for myself, I'm past the point in my life where I'm humiliated by a picture of myself au naturel being viewed by TSA agents. But I have a teenage daughter and I have a much different opinion about her. And I am not aware of any jets being blown out of the sky by Catholic adolescents.

Count me in the growing chorus of people who think we instead pay more scrutiny to that group who gave us 9/11, the shoe bomber, and the underwear bomber.

Technorati tags:

No comments: