Friday, June 18, 2010

"Tough guy" creates scene while confronting videographer at Giannoulias fundraiser

A man I believe named Michael Kosmas decided to play "tough guy" at an Alexi Giannoulias rooftop fundraiser in Washington. He did two stupid things: He rudely intimidated someone carrying a running video camera, and he did it while wearing a name badge.



Excuse me, this party is private, tonight," said Kosmas, whom Politico describes as a Giannoulias supporter. "We paid for this part. Get off this part" of the rooftop).

"If you want someone to come and tell me that, that's fine," replied the videographer.

"It is private, leave please," said tough guy Kosmas.

It's a new era, which led the Republican Senatorial Committee to send out a memo on how to behave when confronted by a video tracker. I suppose it's only a matter of time before I get a camera shoved into my face by videographer. My privacy is gone--three times in the last month complete strangers have approached me and said, "You're Marathon Pundit!" They were fans of the blog, but there are plenty of people who dislike my views.

Here's how to handle video trackers: Charm them. But sycophants at a fundraiser for a failed mob banker can be expected to be as charming as a hornet.

Hat tip to Red State.

Technorati tags:

No comments: