Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Astroturfer exposed at Schakowsky town hall

I observed the man in the video speaking to anyone who would listen before Monday night's town hall meeting hosted by Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-IL) in Skokie.



Among other things, his coaching explains the spontaneous "Health Care Now" chant at the end of the town hall.

He is an organizer for Health Care for America Now, a pro ObamaCare group.

They were a troublesome presence that evening. Along with SEIU, they waved their signs at motorists driving on busy Oakton Avenue, that activity of course compels drivers to take their eyes off the road. The north side of Oakton is in Morton Grove--where I live--and I can assure you that mayhem such as this is quite rare.

As far as I know, there were no car accidents on Oakton that night.

Tom Mannis of Chicago News Bench has a photo-montage from the event right here. I'm in it--I'm wearing a red-and-white USA soccer shirt.

Hat tip to Rev. Right for tipping me off to the astroturf video.

Related post:

Schakowsky town hall report

Schakowsky town hall: Armour-all brand astroturf comes to the green lawns of Skokie

Technorati tags:

No comments: