Thursday, August 13, 2009

British woman: NHS "signed my death warrant"

Please report this fear-mongering post to flag@whitehouse.gov

Katie Brickell, a UK woman who appeared in a commercial for Conservatives for Patients' Rights debunks her debunkers in The Independent.

A British cancer patient yesterday described how she allowed herself to become the figurehead for a right-wing American campaign opposing the creation of an 'American NHS' (National Health Service).

Katie Brickell, 26, who has campaigned to raise awareness of cervical cancer since she was diagnosed with an "incurable" form of the disease three years ago, recorded a video telling Americans how she was "badly let down" by the British system.

In an interview with The Independent yesterday, Mrs Brickell said: "I have said my bit, it's up to the American people to draw their own conclusions now."

Mrs Brickell, first asked for a smear test at the age of 19 but was told she didn't need one until she was 20-years-old. A year later, when she returned to her doctor, she was told that the age had been raised to 25. At 23, she was diagnosed with an incurable cervical cancer.



In another video, Brickell states, "I feel that the National Health Service has let me down because I feel that if I had had a smear test when I had asked for one originally I wouldn't have gone through everything that I have been through now and I feel that them raising the age limit has pretty much signed my death warrant."

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

rachellouise said...

i guess you wont approve this comment, as it is going to point out your obvious manipulation of the truth that katie is devastated by the way the ads presented her views, it is a shame you cannot argue your point of view using the truth, rather than all out lies, then at least it would be a clean fight
please check
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6795466.ece

Marathon Pundit said...

I'm familiar with the criticism in the manner CPR gathered the interviews, but Ms. Brickell was denied the pap test by NHS, and the Independent report is from today's edition.

There are no lies in my post.