Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finished another one: 2008 Chicago Marathon

Well, as I did last year, I winged it--if that's possible--running slower than I am accustomed to--this year's Bank of America Chicago Marathon. I completed every one of them since 1990. That race was supposed to have been a one time deal.

While taking photographs--115 of them--along the course, I ran through the finish line at 4 hours and 26 minutes. Good enough to finish among the top-half.

But ext year, if my body allows it, I plan to run faster. And leave my camera at home.

Look for a more extensive post on the marathon--most likely tomorrow morning--because I have a feeling I'll be heading to sleep soon.

The winners will probably be wide awake for a while as they celebrate their triumphs. For the men, Evans Cheruiyot was the victor, running a very fast 2 hours, 6 minutes, 25 seconds.(Considering the warm conditions, late 70s when he finished, Cheruitot ran superbly.) For the women, Russia's Lidiya Grigoryeva came across the line at 2:27:17.

There is your humble marathoner in the picture. That's the Aon Center in the background, Chicago's third tallest building.

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Kenyan wins the Chicago marathon. An American son of a Kenyan wins the 2008 presidential election. Good year for Kenya. Good year for the United States. God bless the world.

Marathon Pundit said...

Obama won? I'm tired from the race, but I think I would have caught that no matter my level of fatigue.

THIRDWAVEDAVE said...

Good job, John. Looking forward to Monday night's show.

Unknown said...

John:nice job on that Marathon.
I'm pretty sure the Aon Building is #2 - it's slightly taller than John Hancock