Monday, May 12, 2008

W.S. Holland's hometown

Treo blogging from Jackson , Tennessee.

Just who is W.S. Holland? He was the drummer for Johnny Cash's Tennessee Three, and I believe he still lives in Jackson.

Original Tennessee Three guitarist Luther Perkins died in a house fire in 1968. Marshall Grant, the bassist, was fired by The Man in Black in the 1980s--a victim of Cash's erratic behavior after getting addicted to drugs a second time. Holland was the Cash the longest.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the Shiloh Battlefield, which is just north of the Mississippi border. Then on to Corinth in the Magnolia State, the site of another 1862 Civil War battle.

Tupelo will be next.

I'm rethinking my itinerary, and I've decided to drop Ocean Springs from my blog-o-vacation tour.

One more thing about Holland. He was the drummer on Carl Perkin's "Blue Suede Shoes." He performed it before that guy from Tupelo did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the owner of this blog, how far youve come?