Saturday, August 04, 2007

My Kansas Kronikles: The Sunflower State


Kansas' nickname is well deserved: There are a lot of sunflowers growing there, at least in the middle of summer.

I took this picture in Chase County--the heart of Kansas' Flint Hills.

Looking for more Kansas wildflowers? I have more pictures, but if you can't wait until I post them, then head to Prairie Bluestem, where Genevieve has a whole bunch of them from Kingman County. I traveled through the county on US 54 during my recent trip; my observation at the time, based on the change of fauna I noticed there, was "the Great Plains start here."

Related posts:

My Kansas Kronikles: An overview


My Kansas Kronikles: Fred Phelps' Westboro Baptist Church

My Kansas Kronikles: This has to stop

Knute Rockne and Kansas

Technorati tags:

No comments: