I posted this video two years ago---it deserves many viewings.
The Cold War was particularly intense in 1983, as we are reminded when Reagan notes the desire for freedom in Poland and East Germany.
As we look around us today, we still find human pain and suffering, but we also see it answered with individual courage and spirit, strengthened by faith. For example, the brave Polish people, despite the oppression of a godless tyranny, still cling to their faith and their belief in freedom. Shortly after Palm Sunday Mass this week, Lech Walesa faced a cheering crowd of workers outside a Gdansk church. He held his hand up in a sign of victory and predicted, "The time will come when we will win."He concludes with reflections on faith.
Reagan's church in Tampico, IL
Recently, an East German professor, his wife, and two daughters climbed into a 7-foot rowboat and crossed the freezing, wind-whipped Baltic to escape from tyranny. Arriving in West Germany after a harrowing 7-hour, 31-mile journey past East German border patrols, the man said he and his family had risked everything so that the children would have the chance to grow up in freedom.
Nearly 2,000 years after the coming of the Prince of Peace, such simple wishes may still seem far from fulfillment. But we can achieve them. We must never stop trying.Related posts:
The generation of Americans now growing up in schools across our country can make sure the United States will remain a force for good, the champion of peace and freedom, as their parents and grandparents before them have done. If we live our lives and dedicate our country to truth, to love, and to God, we will be a part of something much stronger and much more enduring than any negative power here on Earth.
That's why this weekend is a celebration and why there is hope for us all. Thanks for listening, and God bless you.
- Time has almost run out to save the Chicago Reagan home from destruction
- Friends of Reagan's Chicago Home blog: Obama library story "utterly inaccurate"
- Save the Chicago Reagan apartment from destruction
- More good news on the endangered Chicago Reagan apartment
- Friends of President Reagan's Chicago home incorporates
- (Photos) Endangered Chicago Reagan apartment amid rubble
- Ronald Reagan Trail: Chicago and the likely demolition of the Reagan apartment
- Save the Chicago Reagan Apartment Facebook page launches
- Marathon Pundit's Ronald Reagan Trail
Retro Ronald Reagan Baseball Jersey (Google Affiliate Ad)